ADR courses are recommencing in June with social distancing and other minor changes see below for dates. Some of the arrangements to temporarily extend ADR card validity are still in place at present – see notes below
The UK has countersigned a multilateral agreement with other ADR States, extending the validity of all existing ADR Driver Training and Dangerous Goods Safety Adviser (DGSA) certificates due to expire between 1 March 2020 and 1 November 2020, until 30 November 2020. The UK has also countersigned a multilateral agreement which mirrors this extension for rail DGSA certificates. Both multilateral agreements have now been published online:
- Multilateral Agreement M324: Extension of ADR Driver Training and DGSA certificates.
- Multilateral Special Agreement RID 1/2020: Extension of DGSA certificates.
The UK has today countersigned two further multilateral agreements on extending the periodic inspection and test expiry date for pressure receptacles and closed cryogenic receptacles carrying certain class 2 gases:
- Multilateral Agreement M326: For the Road mode.
- Multilateral Special Agreement RID 3/2020: For the Rail mode.
· Guidance Published
Drivers of vehicles with tanks and certain tank components, and some drivers of vehicles carrying dangerous goods in packages must hold a vocational certificate of training known as ADR.
ADR (Accord Dangereux Routier) formally, the European Agreement concerning the International Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road (ADR) is a 1957 United Nations treaty that governs transnational transport of hazardous materials.
All drivers of vehicles carrying dangerous goods must attend an approved basic training course.
The purpose of the course is to equip drivers with information so that they:
- are aware of the hazards in the carriage of dangerous goods.
- can take steps to reduce the likelihood of an incident taking place.
- can take all the necessary measures for their own safety and that of the public and the environment, to limit the effects of any incident that does occur.
- have individual practical experience of the actions they will need to take.
At Martin’s Driver Training we offer courses in all categories of hazardous goods with the exception of explosives and radioactives.
Our instructor will ensure that the course is informative, but also fun; to ensure that you get the best from the course. The course is classroom based, with lectures and practical exercises.
In order to get your ADR certificate and ADR card you will need to sit a number of exams, during the course. The exams are multiple choice and are conducted online. The exam results will be available at the end of your course or on the following day, so there is no need to wait weeks for your exam results or your ADR card.
Please be aware that the training and tests can only be conducted in the English language.
Four day course.
£440 + vat per person (includes exam fees and cpc upload fees)
The course is also eligible for CPC credits, so 3 days CPC credits will be awarded for attending.
Future confirmed course dates are as follows subject to Covid-19 developments
- 29th June to 2nd July 2020 (fully booked)
- 20th to 23rd July 2020 (fully booked)
- 17th to 20th August 2020
- 7th to 10th September 2020
- 12th to 15th October 2020
- 16th to 19th November 2020
Five day course.
Core-Packages-Classes 2,3,4,5,6,8&9 + Tanks.
£550 + vat per person (includes exam fees and cpc upload fees)
The course is also eligible for CPC credits, so 4 days CPC credits will be awarded for attending.
Future confirmed course dates are as follows
- 29th June to 3rd July 2020 (fully booked)
- 20th to 24th July 2020 (fully booked)
- 17th to 21st August 2020
- 7th to 11th September 2020
- 12th to 16th October 2020
- 16th to 20th November 2020
We also offer ADR awareness courses for carriers of limited quantities. This course is a half day course
ADR Awareness Course
This course covers:
- Overview of the ADR regulations
- Health and Safety and the carriage of dangerous goods
- UN Hazard Classes – classification, packing groups, shipping names
- UN Packaging Scheme – types, marking, labelling and general documentation
- Vehicle Operations – compliance, documentation, equipment, PPE, tunnels, parking, small load limits, loading and unloading, accidents and terrorism measures.
The course is a classroom course using visual presentations, theoretical examples, practical demonstrations and/or participation.
Candidates will receive a certificate upon successful completion of the course.
There are no scheduled courses at present. Please let us know if you need to book a course and we will schedule a day.
The price for this course is £40 + vat per person