LGV Driver Training
Please call if you require help with applying for your licence, we can provide information and all the forms you need. We can also provide you with online training material for the theory and hazard perception tests.
If you are concerned about the theory tests, and think you might need additional assistance, we are able to provide individual or group tuition classes (£12 per hour + vat per person). These courses are arranged on demand so please call us to arrange a class.
We can arrange practical training for:
|Category C1||7.5 tonne Goods Vehicle|
|Category C1E||7.5 tonne Goods Vehicle and Trailer|
|Category C||Large Goods Vehicle|
|Category C+E||Large Goods Vehicle and Trailer|
There are three different ways of arranging your training.
- Intensive course. We will arrange an intensive course, usually over consecutive days with the driving test on the final day. The length of the course is based on the average course length for the type of vehicle.
- Tailored Course. You can arrange an initial few hours of training, so that you can see how your training goes. After the initial training, your instructor will recommend a suitable length of training. We can then take into account existing driving experience as well as aptitude.
- Training in stages. If you prefer to arrange your training a few hours at a time, we can also accommodate this (minimum 2 hours at a time).
Average course lengths are:
- 2 days for (C1) 7.5 tonne goods vehicle (£835 incl vat and test fee)
- 3 days for (C) Large goods vehicle (£1303 incl vat and test fee)
- 3 days for (CE) Large goods vehicle (£1411 incl vat and test fee)
Course lengths are usually 6 hours driving per day and will be one to one with your instructor.
Hourly rates are as follows:
|7.5 tonne Goods Vehicle||£50 + vat per hour|
|Large Goods Vehicle||£55 + vat per hour|
|Large Goods Vehicle and Trailer||£60 + vat per hour|
Please call us to discuss your requirements.
With a national shortage of lorry drivers, there are lots of opportunities for new drivers to gain employment quickly. Whilst some employers prefer to recruit drivers with experience, there are also lots of employers who are happy to take drivers with little or no experience. We have contacts with a number of employers and driving agencies local to Norwich, who are looking for drivers, so we can point you in the right direction in order for you to get work soon after passing your test. A lot of our customers have found work in a matter of days after passing their driving test.